Archer Kontrol - Durable, Versatile & Stackable High Density Board-to-Board Connectors
Robust connection meets exacting demands of industrial environments
Harwin’s new Archer Kontrol family of board-to-board connectors presents design engineers with highly robust, as well as flexible, interconnect solutions that address a broad spectrum of different industrial tasks. Covering 12 to 80 contact pin formats, these compact 1.27mm pitch connectors have a current rating of 1.2A per contact.
Archer Kontrol products can be supplied in either horizontal or vertical orientations (different height options being offered for the vertical models). These space-saving connectors are configured for surface mounting, thereby facilitating automated assembly processes, with hold-down solder tabs ensuring greater retention to the PCB. Thanks to their fully shrouded design, they are able to withstand the lateral and twisting forces that can be encountered in vibration prone application settings. Furthermore, the polarization of the shroud assists in cases where blind mating is required, and can tolerate a significant amount of misalignment.
The family includes parallel board-to-board, or right-angle mother-to-daughterboard configurations – and they are compatible with popular standard connector types (enabling like-for-like replacement). Thanks to the different heights and pin combinations available, these connectors provide maximum scope when it comes to the stacking of multiple boards. They feature a minimum insulation resistance of 1000MΩ, are voltage proof to 500VAC and have an operational temperature range spanning from -55°C to 125°C. Up to 500 mating/un-mating cycles are supported.
The products in Harwin’s Archer Kontrol family are supplied in tape and reel form, with pick-and-place caps on the vertical connectors to aid automated production. The phosphor bronze contacts of these connectors are gold plated on their contact areas and tinned over nickel on the PCB tails for enhanced solderability. Their housings are molded from high temperature LCP material in accordance with the UL94V-0 specification. Key applications for these connectors include industrial drives and controls, as well as other types of factory hardware, data loggers, IoT installations, portable monitoring instrumentation, train equipment, vehicle control systems, plus roadside and trackside monitoring/telemetry equipment.
Features and Benefits
- Fully Surface Mount product, with selected pin counts from 12 to 80 pins
- Location pegs for improved placement location before and during soldering, and retention tabs for additional PCB strain relief
- Current rating of 1.2A max per contact
- Operating temperature range of -55°C to +125°C
- Mating cycle durability of 500 operations minimum
- Fully shrouded and polarized – helps with blind mating connection, handles lateral and twisting forces that can be suffered during vibration and manual operation
- All products supplied on tape and reel for automated assembly
- RoHS and REACH SVHC compliant
Various Height and Orientation Options
Available with mating connectors offered in both vertical and horizontal orientations, the combination of the male and female connectors give all variations of PCB mating configurations:
- Mezzanine connectors, or parallel board-to-board connectors, with a choice of vertical stacking heights for flexibility in stacked board systems
- Motherboard-to-daughterboard connectors, or right-angle connectors
- Coplanar connectors, or edge-to-edge connectors
Choice of connector heights on both male and female connectors, to give parallel board-to-board stacking heights of 8.00mm to 20.00mm – see the Mating Heights table in the Component Specification.
View the Archer Kontrol Connectors
Uh oh, it looks like you are using an outdated browser version.
Some functions may not work as expected on Harwin.com in your current browser. For the best experience, more security and speed, we recommend updating your browser to the latest version.
(if you are using Internet Explorer, we recommend switching to an alternative browser.)
Still having issue? Contact [email protected] for help.