EMC Shielding Products
Harwin's range of EMC Board-Level Shielding covers 4 product types, each with their own advantages over the traditional shielding and grounding solutions.
EMC Shield Cans
Harwin specialise in Nickel Silver cans in a simple 5-sided shape. Designed for use with Harwin's Shield Can Clips, no soldering is required on the can for easy fitting.
- Eliminates hot spots due to hand or selective soldering as a second operation. Cans are assembled with a simple push operation.
- Simple to rework - just pull the can out the clips to access the board underneath. Replace the can just as easily once finished.
- Single-piece construction saves costs over complex fence-and-lid cans.
EMC Shield Can Clips
Harwin's wide range of Shield Can clips are all Surface Mount, supplied in Tape and Reel packaging for automated assembly placement.
- Clips are assembled at the same time as all other SMT components on the board - eliminate secondary soldering operations.
- Wide range of shapes to cover shield thicknesses from 1mm down to 0.17mm.
- Low profile options for minimal height cans.
- Variety of insertion force, including vibration-tested versions.
- Improves signal integrity by eliminating through-holes that interfere with the ground plane.
Shield Can Kit
Everything you need to make your own customized size of shield can! Award-winning kit includes two pre-scored sheets, 24 Shield Can Clips and an instruction sheet. Just add a ruler and a pair of scissors.
- Scored at 5mm intervals - simply cut the blank along the scores, then fold the 4 edges down.
- Ultimate flexibility for developers - try out different sizes for prototyping and development work.
Spring Contact / Antenna Contact / Grounding Contact / Shield Finger
A comprehensive range of single spring contacts, suitable for shielding, grounding, mobile phone antenna and other general electrical connection applications. All contacts are Surface Mount, supplied in Tape and Reel packaging for automated assembly placement.
- NEW! Development Kit DEV-001 with 16 different contacts and free refills.
- 30 different designs, ranging from 1.23mm to 7.25mm vertical free heights.
- Option of horizontal spring contacts for 90 degree connection
- Protected tip options to prevent hooking.
- Positive stop options, to prevent over-stressed contacts.
- Mounted in a row, the contacts can provide an excellent RFI shielding connection for metal doors or other cabinet enclosures.
- The contact design ensures positive contact with the mating surface, and is tolerant to both wiping and sliding action.
Catalog section for the range - Pages 5-16
EMC Shield Cans
Shield Can Clips
EMC Shield Can Kit