Pogo Pins and SMT Contact Pads
Spring-loaded pins suit multiple applications including wearables; new gold finish S70 SMT contact pads prolong device life.
Harwin offer a range of surface mount vertical Pogo Pin spring loaded contacts. Pogo Pin connectors have multiple applications, including wearable medical and fitness devices, mobile phones, car stereos, and notebook and tablet computers. To complement and mate with the individual spring-loaded contacts, and also the SMT Spring Contacts, are a range of multi-purpose S70 Surface Mount flat contact pads, which can be used with the new Pogo Pin contacts as well as other spring contacts and spring loaded contact assemblies.
Pogo Pins - Spring Loaded Contacts
Harwin's Pogo Pins are surface-mountable vertical spring-loaded contact pins which can mate with any surface.
- Rounded contact heads with a gold finish to maximise device life
- Free height from 2.4mm to 8.2mm
- Multi-contact connectors in 2, 3, 4 or 5 contact configurations
- Individual pins in two barrel sizes; 1.03mm diameter or 1.50mm diameter
The range includes Pogo Pin spring contacts with a through-hole peg which can be used for Plated-Through-Hole soldering, or as a location peg on the SMT base. The individual Pogo Pins have barbs for retention in mouldings, which enables multiple contacts to be “ganged” together, enabling customers to create bespoke layouts.
Surface Mount Contact Pads
For use as a mating surface for vertical or horizontal spring contacts, spring-loaded contacts and spring-loaded contact assemblies, Harwin’s new circular, oval or rectangular SMT Contact Pads feature a gold finish for maximum wear resistance, prolonging application product life. The new S70 SMT Contact Pads boast a very low profile to save valuable space, making them ideal for today’s smaller, lighter devices.
- The rectangular S70 SMT pads are available in three sizes: 2.5mm x 1.6mm x 0.15mm thick; 3.8mm x 1.8mm x 0.1mm thick; and 3.8mm x 3.0mm x 0.5 thick.
- Oval (or obround) shape S70 SMT pads are 2mm long, with a diameter of 1mm at the ends, with a choice of 0.1mm thickness or 0.2 mm thickness.
- The circular flat contact pads are available in one size only, 3.2mm diameter, and are 0.2mm thick.
Harwin SMT contact pads are supplied on tape & reel for automated assembly, with between 2,000 and 5,000 pieces per reel depending on design.