Gecko Screw-Lok connectors from Harwin - secure, space saving, ideal for harsh environments
Image above shows Gecko Screw-Lok with board-mounted and cable variations, with added shielding.
Secure fixings and metal backshells for Hi-Rel 1.25mm pitch connector family
A brand new evolution of the award-winning Gecko 1.25mm pitch connector series launches today at Electronica from Harwin, the leading hi-rel connector and SMT board hardware manufacturer. Gecko (G125 series) connectors are low-profile, dual row cable-to-board and board-to-board interconnects which save PCB real estate and weight in high reliability applications.
Developed to meet customer demand, the new Gecko Screw-Lok series features ruggedized screw fixings for increased security and can withstand repeated mating cycles without damage. Up to 45% smaller than Micro-D connectors and up to 75% lighter, Gecko-SL delivers high reliability with a smaller footprint and increased flexibility for design engineers.
16-contact Gecko Screw-Lok (green) overlaid on 15-contact Micro-D (red)
Gecko-SL connectors feature:
- Harwin’s patented single piece 4-finger beryllium copper female contact – the heart of the whole Gecko product family.
- Withstanding high vibration, shock and extremes of temperature ensuring optimum electrical performance and durability under harsh conditions.
- Robust stainless steel fixing hardware provides corrosion resistance against salt spray and humidity. Gecko-SL connectors have captive screws with Hex Socket heads to prevent slipping during assembly and a “mate before lock” feature for fast assembly and increased usability.
- Strain relief is ensured through board mount fixings.
- Identification of the No 1 position for fast visual inspection.
- Available in female and male vertical through-hole and surface-mount variants for the PCB, and cable connector housings and contacts.
Gecko-SL contacts are rated to 2.8A individually, 2.0A for all contacts simultaneously. Able to withstand 1,000 mating cycles, they are ideal for long life or “fit and forget” applications, in operational temperatures of -65°C to +150°C. Gecko-SL connectors are rated to withstand 20G vibration and Z axis 100G 6m/s shock, with no discontinuity greater than 1µs. Gecko-SL connectors are manufactured from environmentally-friendly materials and are lead, phosphate and halogen free.
Shielded options with machined aluminium backshells are available to deliver enhanced electrical continuity and effective EMI/RFI shielding in affected applications. The backshells are designed to accommodate flexible metal braiding and are strong and lightweight. Flexible cabling options include complete cable harnesses in customized lengths, pre-cabled contacts, loose housings and individual crimp contacts.
CAD Models are available and can be downloaded from the individual product pages.