1.25mm Pitch High-Reliability Signal & Power
Harwin’s Gecko-MT connectors provide the smallest, lightest mixed-technology connector with a low profile design, ideally suited for stacking and cable mating in areas where PCB real estate is at a premium. Vibration and shock resistant, miniature but with additional 10A contacts.
- 2A per contact (all electrically loaded; 2.8A per individual contact) for signal, 10A max power options
- 4-finger Patented* contact design to maintain electrical contact through high vibration and shock
- Beryllium Copper contact for improved temperature range: -65°C to +150°C
- 1,000 mating cycles durability
- Weight and space saving over Combi Micro-D connector products
- Future-proofed materials – halogen-free, PFOS-free, SVHC-free and RoHS compliant
- Low outgassing properties – 0.68% TML, 0.01% CVCM, 0.26 WVR (Water Vapour Recovered)
- Symmetrical contact configurations – Available as either 1+8+1 (1 power, 8 signal, 1 power) or 2+8+2 (2 power, 8 signal, 2 power).
- Board-to Board, Cable-to-Board and Cable-to-Cable – Female connectors in cable or vertical PCB throughboard, Male connectors in cable or horizontal PCB throughboard. Also compatible with existing Metal Backshells, giving the option of shielded cable assemblies when used with external braiding.
- Screw-Lok options – Built with easy and fast “Mate-before-Lok” screw fixings. Connectors are fully mated before the captive screws need to be engaged. The range includes both standard gender (floating screw on female connector) or reverse fix (floating screw on male connector).
With space and weight a consideration for many high-reliability applications, Gecko-MT delivers a signal pin spacing of 1.25mm, and compact power pins. This design means that these connectors achieve significant space and weight saving over alternative high-performance connectors such as Combi Micro-D.
The diagram highlights the size savings of standard Gecko-SL connectors over Micro-D, and Gecko-MT has similar savings – the 16-contact Gecko-SL is the equivalent size as the 1+8+1 Gecko-MT.
Gecko is a focus product for Harwin, and is undergoing an active development program. The connectors are designed with automated assembly systems in mind – all PCB connectors can be purchased in Tape and Reel packaging.
* Patent Status: Granted US9017089, GB2501063, GB2548777
High performance Beryllium Copper, Gold finish
Copper Alloy, Gold finish
30% Glass-Filled High Temperature Nylon (Polyamide) 4T, rated to UL94V-0
2.8A max per individual contact, 2A max all contacts electrically loaded
450V DC or AC peak (250V DC or AC peak at 70,000ft/21km/44mbar)
600V DC or AC peak (350V DC or AC peak at 70,000ft/21km/44mbar)
-65°C to +150°C
56 days at 93% RH
10-2,000Hz, 1.5mm, 198m/s² (20G), 6 hours total
981m/s² (100G) in Z Axis, 490m/s² (50G) in X & Y Axis
0.68% TML, 0.01% CVCM,
0.26 WVR (Water Vapour Recovered)
1,000 mating cycles
Insertion force (per contact)
2.8N max for signal, 7.0N max for power
Withdrawal Force (per contact)
Recommended Wire types (signal)
BS 3G 210 Type A, MIL-W-16878/6 type ET or NEMA HP3 type ET
Recommended Wire types (power)
M22759/11-18 PTFE (MIL-W-22759/11)
26 to 32 AWG signal, 18 AWG power
Ø0.80mm max signal, Ø1.35mm max power
1.50 – 1.75mm signal, 1.90-2.30mm power
Browse the Range
Cable Connector Parts
Cable housings and contacts, sold separately. See Accessories and Tooling for cable crimping and assembly tools.View all
Board-mounted connectors in male and female options. Low profile, with standard gender or reverse fix screw-loks.View all
Tooling & Accessories
Associated products and tooling for the Gecko-MT range.View all
Want to talk to someone?
If you would like to talk to someone about Harwin’s product, technical knowledge or documentation, contact one of our Experts for assistance.