1.25mm Pitch High-Reliability Connectors
Harwin’s Gecko (G125 series) connectors provide a low profile, dual row interconnect solution, ideally suited for stacking and cable mating in areas where PCB real estate is at a premium. Vibration and shock resistant, miniature yet powerful.
- 2A per contact (all electrically loaded; 2.8A per individual contact)
- 4-finger Patented* contact design to maintain electrical contact through high vibration and shock
- Beryllium Copper contact for improved temperature range: -65°C to +150°C
- 1,000 mating cycles durability
- Weight and space saving over Micro-D connector products
- Future-proofed materials – halogen-free, PFOS-free, SVHC-free and RoHS compliant
- Low outgassing properties – 0.68% TML, 0.01% CVCM, 0.26 WVR (Water Vapour Recovered)
- Gecko-SL (Gecko Screw-Lok) – The jackscrew connector range, built with easy and fast “Mate-before-Lok” screw fixings. Connectors are fully mated before the captive screws need to be engaged. The range also features Metal Backshells, giving the option of shielded cable assemblies when used with external braiding.
- Gecko with Latches – The original Gecko range features latching mechanisms on the Male connectors, easy to release either by hand or with the Harwin-designed unlatching tools. This option gives the maximum amount of space saving footprint.
See also Gecko-MT – Developing the Gecko-SL range to include power contacts capable of 10A max. Available in 1 power / 8 signal / 1 power configuration, or 2 power / 8 signal / 2 power configuration. Also compatible with existing Metal Backshells.
With space and weight a consideration for many high-reliability applications, Gecko delivers a pin spacing of 1.25mm, up to 50 contacts per connector. This design means that G125 connectors achieve up to 45% space saving, up to 75% weight saving over other high-performance connectors such as Micro-D.
Gecko is a focus product for Harwin, and is undergoing an active development program. The connectors are designed with automated assembly systems in mind – all connectors can be purchased in Tape and Reel packaging.
* Patent Status: Granted US9017089, GB2501063, GB2548777
High performance Beryllium Copper, Gold finish
Copper Alloy, Gold finish
30% Glass-Filled High Temperature Nylon (Polyamide) 4T, rated to UL94V-0
Copper Nickel Tin alloy, Tin over Nickel finish
PTFE Equipment wire
Stycast 2651MM with Catalyst 9
2.8A max per individual contact, 2A max all contacts electrically loaded
450V DC or AC peak (250V DC or AC peak at 70,000ft/21km/44mbar)
600V DC or AC peak (350V DC or AC peak at 70,000ft/21km/44mbar)
-65°C to +150°C
56 days at 93% RH
Vibration (with latches)
10-2,000Hz, 1.5mm, 198m/s² (20G), 6 hours total
Shock (with latches)
981m/s² (100G) in Z Axis, 490m/s² (50G) in X & Y Axis
0.68% TML, 0.01% CVCM,
0.26 WVR (Water Vapour Recovered)
1,000 mating cycles
100 mating cycles
Insertion force (per contact)
Withdrawal Force (per contact)
Latch retention force (per mating pair)
Recommended Wire types
BS 3G 210 Type A, MIL-W-16878/6 type ET or NEMA HP3 type ET
26 to 32 AWG
1.50 – 1.75mm
Component Specification (including pin numbering system)PDF Download
Catalog & Brochures
Test Report HT030 – Gecko (G125 Series) – Electrical, Mechanical and EnvironmentalPDF Download
Test Report HT067 – Gecko-SL – MechanicalPDF Download
Test Report HT069 – Gecko – Backpotting Temperature TestPDF Download
Test Report HT073 – Gecko-SL Horizontal – Electrical, Mechanical and EnvironmentalPDF Download
Test Report HT074 – Gecko Flex Circuit – ElectricalPDF Download
Test Report HT075 – Gecko-SL Shielded Cable AssembliesPDF Download
Browse the Range
Ready-to-use cabled connectors, single or double ended, fully inspected and tested. Backpotted for added strain relief. Ideal for both prototyping…View all
Cable Connector Parts
Cable housings and contacts, sold separately. Pre-wired contacts available for prototyping and full production. See Accessories and Tooling for cable…View all
Board-mounted connectors, Surface Mount or Throughboard. Low profile, with a variety of screw-lok or latching options.View all
Tooling & Accessories
Associated products and tooling for the Gecko range.View all
How can we help you?
If you would like to talk to someone about Harwin’s product, technical knowledge or documentation, contact one of our Experts for assistance.