Archer Kontrol - High performance PCB connector
Durable and robust board-to-board connectors - increased reliability for industrial applications
PCB Stacking Connector Range
Archer Kontrol is a range of compact board-to-board 1.27mm pitch connectors, offering designers a robust and flexible connection choice for a wide scope of industrial and other related applications.
Various Height and Orientation Options
Available with mating connectors offered in both vertical and horizontal orientations, the combination of the male and female connectors give all variations of PCB mating configurations:
- Mezzanine connectors, or parallel board-to-board connectors, with a choice of vertical stacking heights for flexibility in stacked board systems;
- Motherboard-to-daughterboard connectors, or right-angle connectors;
- Coplanar connectors, or edge-to-edge connectors.
Choice of connector heights on both male and female connectors, to give parallel board-to-board stacking heights of 8.00mm to 18.50mm - see the Mating Heights table.
The connector style is a fully Surface Mount product, with selected pin counts from 12 to 80 pins. Additional features include:
- Location pegs for improved placement location before and during soldering, and retention tabs for additional PCB strain relief
- Current rating of 1.2A max per contact
- Operating temperature range of -55°C to +125°C
- Mating cycle durability of 500 operations minimum
- Fully shrouded and polarised - helps with blind mating connection, handles lateral and twising forces that can be suffered during vibration and manual operation
- All products supplied on tape and reel for automated assembly
- RoHS and REACH SVHC compliant
Applications and Markets
The Archer Kontrol range is ideally suited for a number of industrial applications:
- Industrial equipment - Factory equipment, production line controls, drive units for large-scale installations, other drives and controls systems
- Handheld equipment - IOT markets, portable monitoring equipment, data collection
- Transport - Trackside and train equipment, large vehicle control systems, roadside monitoring
Part Numbering Information
The "xx" in each part number below corresponds to the total number of contacts in the connector. Choose between 12, 16, 20, 26, 32, 40, 50, 68 or 80 pins.
For more information on this board-to-board stacking connector range, see the Useful Links on the right.