Vivern Circular Connector range is a sensor connector with IP67 sealing rating, ideal for use in motorsport and other high impact environments such as UAVs, marine and robots.
The range is designed for cable-to-cable connection, but also comes with a cable-to-board option. A key feature of the design involves a sacrificial collar that keeps the two connectors locked and sealed together. If high stress or an unexpected load is applied, the collar breaks and can be replaced – rather than the connectors breaking and having to rework the whole cable loom.
Features & Benefits:
- Three colour-coded keyway options for preventing cross-connection
- 10-contact Hermaphrodite design in a circular housing and twist-lok collar, for simpler mating and maximising the number of signal lines
- 2A per contact at 1.45mm pitch – high performance current capacity for a miniature connector
- Ø10.60mm total connector size (with collar) – between 40-70% higher pin count than equivalent sized connectors
- PCB connector option with a flange configuration holding two mounting hardware points, or panel mounting on cable versions
- 1,000 mating contact cycles, vibration and shock resistance for extreme environments; proven 4-finger contact design from the Gecko family
Vivern is capable of an operating temperature of -65°C to +150°C, and uses a bayonet coupling on the collar for fast mating. Cable sizes can range from 24 to 32AWG, maximum voltage is 600V AC/DC, and the mated connectors are rated for a vibration severity of 20G (196m/s²) for 6 hours.
Applications & Markets
- Motorsport – Sensor and telemetry connections, vehicle controls, ERS management, pit lane equipment; developed with leading international motorsport teams and loom manufacturers
- Marine – Onboard electronics, radar, communications and tracking equipment
- Robotics – External periphery and joint linkages, communications, exposed wiring, UUV and other ROVs
- Aviation – Avionic controls, UAVs, engine controls
For more information on the latest Vivern updates, register your interest below.
If you would like further assistance with this product range, please contact Giorgio Potenza [email protected]