SMT Spring Contacts
Surface Mount Spring Contacts available in 30 different types, ranging from 1.23mm to 7.25mm free height (0.89mm to 6.35mm working height).
- LATEST - Development Kit containing 16 different contact and free refills.
- Low Profile and Positive Stop contacts.
- Multi-Directional contacts, suitable for both Vertical and Horizontal contact actions.
- SMT devices for use in shielding, grounding, mobile phone antenna and other general electrical connection applications
- Ideal for use on surface mount PCBs
- Designed for automated application, using standard placement equipment
- Suitable for wiping and sliding applications
- Wide range of sizes
- Protected tips prevent product from hooking
These contacts are also known as Grounding / RFI contacts, Spring or Shield Fingers, or Antenna Contacts (as used in the smartphone industry). The Spring Contacts can be assembled to PCBs and used as grounding or shielding contacts or for low voltage electrical connection between PCBs, antenna feeds or similar.
They are supplied on Tape and Reel packaging and are ideally suited for automated placement. Mounted in a row, the contacts can provide an excellent RFI shielding connection for metal doors or other cabinet enclosures. The contact design ensures positive contact with the mating surface, and is tolerant to both wiping and sliding action.
These spring contacts are available in a number of height variants to suit most application requirements, and conform to RoHS legislation.
- Motion control units
- Mobile power units
- Mobile/smartphone antenna
- Environmental monitoring equipment
- Broadcast & communications equipment
- Industrial process control equipment