M300: High Reliability 3.00mm Pitch Power Connectors & Cable Assemblies with 10A Current Capacity
Setting new benchmarks in power delivery while dealing with both uncompromising operational environments & acute space constraints
In keeping with the company’s core objective of providing elevated levels of performance in the most compact of components, Harwin’s M300 family comprises robust cable-to-board, board-to-board and cable-to-cable power connectors. Available in 3, 6 and 10 contact formats, these units can be accompanied by a variety of cable assembly options (with lengths from 150mm to 450mm supplied).
Thanks to the patented 4-finger contact design employed, which relies on a Beryllium Copper alloy construction, connection integrity is always maintained – even when these connectors are subjected to high degrees of shock, vibration, or other forms of mechanical stress. Despite their limited dimensions, the narrow pitch connectors have a 10A current rating, and are therefore very well optimized for use in systems where the performance expectations are exacting, but space constraints also need to be contended with.
A combination of stainless steel jackscrews ensure secure mating. Consequently, the connectors have a mating cycle durability of 1000 mates/un-mates. A series of polarization mechanisms are also incorporated to prevent mis-mating occurring, plus the recessed ‘scoop-proof’ female contacts and shrouded housing arrangement for the male contacts help protect them from sources of potential damage. Furthermore, a back potted rear aids cable retention.
Halogen-free and RoHS compliant, the Harwin M300 offering is predominantly aimed at motorsport, defense, factory automation, satellite, robotics, renewable energy and avionics deployments. An extensive working temperature range is supported (spanning from -65°C to 175°C) and low outgassing properties are of major benefit if these connectors are deployed within a vacuum.
With available board real estate often at a premium, engineers need access to high performance technology that can be implemented within extremely confined spaces. Through our M300 connector products, power can be delivered while simultaneously keeping overall component size and weight low, with the accompanying cable assemblies adding an extra dimension of convenience.
Features and Benefits
|Up to 10A per signal contact (all electrically loaded; 5A if 22AWG wire is used) at 3mm pitch||Capable of a variety of power uses within a compact design, saving PCB real estate|
|Proven 4-finger contact design||Maintains electrical continuity through high vibration and shock environments|
|Beryllium Copper Contact with -65°C to +175°C temperature range||Rugged and durable connector design with proven track record|
|1,000 Mating cycles durability||Suitable for both fit-and-forget and multiple testing and replacement cycles|
|Future-proofed material usage||Halogen-free, PFOS-free, SVHC-free and RoHS compliant|
|Low outgassing properties||Meets NASA outgassing requirements for vacuum or space usage|
|Full cable assembly options off-the-shelf||Reduced delivery , fully tested assemblies with hassle-free installation|
Highlights from the C048xx – M300 Component Specification:
- Current rating = 10A per contact (5A with 22AWG wire)
- Voltage rating = 600V AC/DC
- Maximum Voltage = 1800V AC/DC
- Number of Mating Cycles = 1,000
- Temperature range = -65°C to +175°C
- Vibration = 10G, 6 hours total
- Ready-made cable assemblies, single-ended, male and female available.
- Scoop-proof female contacts – avoids accidental physical touch to the female contact mating face, by being recessed within the housing.
- Choice of contacts for 18, 20 or 22AWG cable.
- 3 points of polarisation to ensure correct mating orientation.
Markets and Applications
- Aerospace, Defense & Security – Radar, avionics controls, guidance systems, UAVs, engine power management, vehicle electronics
- Motorsport & Transport – Navigation, ERS controls, GPS and telemetry system
- Space – Satellites & CubeSats, communications, launch systems, radar and communications
- Industrial – Robotics, automation, drives & controls
- Energy – Oil & Gas, renewable energy equipment